Special Education Needs
Special Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) – mrs e nichols
The Special Educational Needs team in the school are responsible for providing additional resource above and beyond the normal good quality first teaching that our students receive in order to address identified learning needs of students.
This involves putting appropriate provision in place for our students, setting short term targets for students and reviewing their progress against this. As a SEN team we seek to:
- Give the best possible provision we can for our students to help each one of them succeed.
- Work with parents and carers closely.
- Work with the teaching staff of the school to ensure that all of our student's needs are understood by everyone.
- Monitor our students closely and react swiftly to students who may not be achieving their full potential.
We offer a range of provision for our students to help make sure that all of our students are successful, such as:
- Teaching Assistants placed in department areas to provide an additional presence in the classroom.
- One to one support with students as required.
- Morning Groups providing extra tuition in Reading and Spelling.
- Intervention Groups, to support students in their examination preparations.
- Special examination arrangements.
- Homework support.
- A friendly face and listening ear, before school, at break time and during lunchtime.
Our SEN Policy and SEN Report can be found here.